My research focus lies in how multiple social identites can be represented and how people react to norm conflict between ingroups. Particularly, I am interested in dissonance arising from such norm conflicts and how individuals cope with this dissonance. I am further interested in environmental psychology and how wearable sensors and feedback on environmental stressors (e.g., particulate matter) can inform healthy travel behaviour for pedestrians and cyclists.
- seit 02/2020
Research associate in the DFG project "ExpoAware - Environmental volunteered geographic information for personal exposure awareness and healthy mobility behavior", at the Department of Social Psychology, University of Leipzig
- 09/2018 - 10/2019
Research Assistant at the Department of Social Psychology, University of Leipzig
- 10/2017 - 01/2020
Master studies in Psychology at the University of Leipzig
- 10/2012 - 09/2016
Bachelor studies in Psychology at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg and at the University of Adelaide
- Helbig, C., Ueberham, M., Becker, A. M., Marquart, H., & Schlink, U. (2021). Wearable Sensors for Human Environmental Exposure in Urban Settings. Current Pollution Reports, 1-17.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s40726-021-00186-4Vesely, S., Masson, T., Chokrai, P., Becker, A. M., Fritsche, I., Klöckner, C. A., Tiberio, L.; Carrus, G. & Panno, A. (2021). Climate change action as a project of identity: Eight meta-analyses. Global Environmental Change, 70, 102322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2021.102322
- Becker, A.M., T. Masson, T & Fritsche, I. (2021, May, 17th). Dissonance within the Social Self: Effects of conflicting Ingroup Norms [Presentation in Theoretical Session]. Dissonance Spring - Online Meeting supported by the EASP and by the ADRIPS “Cognitive Dissonance and Inconsistency Regulation: From General Overviews to Predictions of Regulation Strategies.”
- Becker, A.M., T. Masson, T & Fritsche, I. (2021, September, 8th). Norm Conflic between Ingroups - Dissonance and other Consequences [Presentation]. SoDoc Workshop, Leipzig.
- Becker, A.M., T. Masson, T & Fritsche, I. (2021, September, 13th). Dissonance within the social self: Exploring the effects of norm conflict between ingroups [Presentation ]. ESCON Transfer of Knowledge, Salzburg.